Sunday, October 24, 2010

First Post

Every blog's got to have a first post. This is the umpteenth first post I've done. I've switched blogs way too much and I do apologize to various blogging friends. I tend to leave without planning to. I never think a hiatus is going to turn into abandonment but every so often a blog just stops fitting. Much like my jeans. I still have most of them, too, always planning on fitting back in. The last blog was my favorite, but it was almost all political. It never started out to but in the Bush Era I went from being interested to being obsessed. It was easier to stay inspired as a member of the opposition. Once we had something to lose, I kind of lost heart for the in-fighting and whatnot. Also, political blogging tends to be newsy, naturally. If you're not posting pretty fresh stuff you're just writing letters to the editor on your blog. The time is probably better spent writing to actual editors. I can't keep up with that anymore. Every few years I find that the productive part of the evening gets shorter. It's getting pretty damned short.


All that said, I really, really like blogging, even if no one is reading. The thing is to keep this one more flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment